- This event has passed.
Youth Voice: The Evolution and Illumination of Grief Support
November 1, 2022 @ 8:30 am - 5:00 pm EDT
Description: The New York Life Foundation, in partnership with National Alliance for Children’s Grief (NACG) will host a one-day conference on November 1, 2022. The conference is designed to discuss the evolution of grief support for young people as well as illuminate the increased need for grief support services due to the societal impact of COVID-19, recent tragedies, race relations, and more. Conference attendees will have the opportunity to learn from external experts in this space as well as New York Life Foundation thought leaders.
Suggested Audience: Bereavement professionals, school personnel, youth-serving organizations, mental health organizations, grantees, etc.
- Registration is open. In-person registration will close on October 24th, and virtual registration will close on October 28th. There are capacity limits on our in-person audience, and registration may close early if we reach that. Register early to avoid disappointment.
- The in-person event will be at New York Life, Ben Feldman Auditorium, 51 Madison Avenue, 13th Floor, New York, NY 10010
- Breakfast and lunch is included for all in-person attendees. Please specify any food allergies or dietary restrictions when you register.
The day will include:
Three presentations (3 CEs (Continuing Education Credits) available for a fee of $30):
Learn more about these sessions and the CEs available here.
- Centering Culture and Equity in Youth Bereavement & Grief Support: Tashel Bordere, PhD, CT (1 CE)
- Childhood Bereavement Prevalence: The Story Behind the Numbers: Michaeleen (Micki) Burns, PhD, LP, Clinical Director, Judi’s House (1 CE)
- Meeting the Needs of Children, Teens, and Adults who are Grieving: 12 “Take-aways” from 35 years in Bereavement Work: Donna Schuurman, EdD, FT (1 CE)
- Evolution of Grief Support in Schools
- Impact of COVID-19 and mass tragedies: how to help… infusing grief support everywhere
- Youth Voice: Being Seen, Heard and Understood
New York Life is complying with current New York City COVID-19 regulations. All in-person attendees must certify during the in-person registration that they are fully vaccinated and will take a COVID-19 test 24 hours prior to the event.
Event Schedule (Subject to change)
View the full day agenda HERE
|7:30-8:30 AM||Registration/Breakfast- Auditorium- Continental|
|8:30 AM||Welcome remarks- Heather Nesle, President, New York Life Foundation|
|8:40-12:00 PM||Three sessions. No Child Grieves Alone Regional Conference Series.|
|Centering Culture and Equity in Youth Bereavement & Grief Support: Tashel Bordere, PhD, CT|
|Childhood Bereavement Prevalence: The Story Behind the Numbers: Michaeleen (Micki) Burns, PhD, LP, Clinical Director, Judi’s House|
|Meeting the Needs of Children, Teens, and Adults who are Grieving: 12 “Take-aways” from 35 years in Bereavement Work: Donna Schuurman, EdD, FT|
|3 CEs are available for these three sessions. Learn more about the speakers and their topics here.|
|12:00-1:00 PM||Networking Lunch- Location Auditorium- Buffet|
|1:00- 2:15 PM||Panel: Evolution of Grief Support in Schools|
|2:25 – 3:35 PM||Panel: Impact of COVID-19 and mass tragedies…infusing grief support everywhere|
|3:35 – 3:45 PM||Break|
|3:45 – 3:55 PM||Youth speaker with Tuesday’s Children + COVID Collaborative|
|3:55 – 4:35 PM||Panel: Youth Voice: Being Seen, Heard and Understood|
|4:35-4:50 PM||Wrap Up|