The goal of NACG workgroups is to identify and share best practices on topics relevant to the field of childhood bereavement.
We are excited about the wealth of information that can stem from these groups and how they will serve the greater community!
Depending on the response to each workgroup, as well as the topic and timeline, not everyone who applies to participate may be selected to participate. Please know that this will be an on-ongoing process with the goal of including input from as many members as possible. If not now, then later your input will be important! We ask for your patience, as we navigate this process.
Workgroups in session:
Grandparents Raising Grandchildren
Children and Funerals
Workgroups coming soon:
NACG Literature Review (Children)
NACG Literature Review (Professionals)
NACG Latinx Workgroup
NACG Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Workgroup
NACG Research & Evaluation Workgroup
NACG Grief Talk Workgroup: Resources (Completed November 2020) — view the resources here
NACG Preschool Resource Workgroup — view the cards here
NACG Grief and Disabilities Workgroup — view the resources here
NACG Family Workbook Workgroup — get the workbook here
This workgroup was made possible with funding from Dignity Memorial.
NACG Children’s Grief Awareness Month: Focus on Schools (Completed November 2021) — view the resources here
NACG Teen Workgroup (Completed May 2022) — resource in development
NACG Resources for Suicide Loss Workgroup (Completed April 2022) — resource in development
NACG Languaging Workgroup (Completed April 2022) — view the resource here
NACG Grad Student Workgroup (Completed in June 2022)
Expectations of all Workgroups
- Workgroups will be formed from need and interest of the NACG membership.
- NACG will support the formation and outcomes of workgroups as needed.
- Workgroups will have a limited number of participants.
- Workgroups are expected to achieve an identified outcome in an agreed upon timeline.
- Timelines and meeting frequencies will be determined by the need and the workgroup.
- The outcomes/products should be representative of the consensus of the workgroup.
- All products/outcomes must be submitted to NACG staff by agreed upon timeline.
- All outcomes/products will have a secondary review.
- All products of workgroups are owned by NACG as a collective member organization.
Workgroup Ground Rules
During meeting calls:
- Remember the purpose of the workgroup is for the greater good, not self.
- All members of the group have valuable input to contribute and need to be heard.
- Explore all options and opinions. Use open questions and be open to questions from others.
- Please be mindful that you will be representing a part of the field; speak for them, not just for yourself.
- Each meeting will have a sharing component, a reporting component, a drafting/iterating component, and possibly a homework component.
- Homework should be done before the next meeting.
- The goal of the workgroup meetings is to share, decide, and act.
- Everything is shareable and transparency is important.
- Please refrain from working on other projects on your laptop/phone during calls.